Tuesday, February 15, 2011

'Recovering' From Grandma

Erik and I recently took a trip to Hawaii. It was great! We did NOT take the kids, grandma did. The kids are really used to spending a lot of time with my mom so we knew they'd do great while we were gone. As we've constantly heard, it can take a while to get back on schedule after the kids have been 'spoiled' by grandparents for a week. Well, I was pretty surprised when I noticed today (day 3 being back home) that we were back to our normal schedule. If anything, the kids were improved!

They were both still using pacifiers at 3.5 and 1.5. We knew it was time for them to go but were having trouble pulling the trigger. Grandma to the rescue! I still don't know how she did it (she says it wasn't so bad) but she did it!

They were TIRED! Too much partying, I guess! :) They are going down for naps so easily, same with bedtime. Now THAT is awesome. Even now, they are both napping, and well!

The rumors are, in part, true. Grandma 'spoils' them. Got home and there were extra toys and I doubt there were any time-outs while I was gone. What people don't tell you, though, is that a dose of grandma spoiling is exactly what they need when they've been separated from their parents! Now we're rested and relaxed from vacation and our kids are GREAT! Who could ask for a better arrangement?!

No comments:

Post a Comment