Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Potty Training

Kate was probably ready to potty train when she was younger. However, I was not ready because I had a baby to take care of. To be honest, I never really minded changing two diapers. With pre-school looming in the not so distant future I thought it was time. Plus, with Erik home for the week before Christmas it seemed like as good a time as ever. Another set of hands to clean up the pee, as needed.

I don't know what was different about this time, but Kate finally 'got' it this time. The system isn't perfect but at home we are accident free. Nighttimes are about 50-50. Outings are not so easy. The 'big' potty scares her and though she will sit on it, she doesn't ever go potty.

I'm happy for us. It's not exactly easier than changing diapers, but it is best for her in the long run. To be honest, it makes me think about starting Ben. :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on potty training! Hopefully the big potty won't scare her for too long!

    ReplyDelete